Find A Job
Ready to begin your career as a professional caregiver? There are lots of resources available to help you find job opportunities! Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
Connect With Home Care Agencies
Home care aides can work through a home care agency. A home care agency is a business that hires caregivers and sends them to someone’s home to provide in-home care as home care aides. The map below can help you locate a home care agency near you:
Contact A Work Place Directly
Contact an adult family home, assisted living facility or nursing home (skilled nursing facility) to ask about job openings!
Search For Clients
For individual providers looking for clients you can:
- Connect with the Consumer Direct Care Network Washington to help you find one-on-one job search assistance, schedule training, and complete a background check.
- Carina Care is a website that “matches” you with clients based on the preference you list in your profile.
- Use job search engines to find professional caregiving positions near you.
- Reach out directly to home care agencies, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes near you and ask about employment opportunities!
- Use your network. One of the best ways to find jobs is through friends, family and neighbors. Ask around and check bulletin boards at community spaces, coffee shops, schools and grocery stores.